Hidden Cove Park is a 20 acre park located at the eastern entrance to Norton Shores and is the City’s third park on Mona Lake. The property was acquired from the State and County in the fall of 1986.
The City of Norton Shores is proud that upon the entrance to Hidden Cove Park is also the site of the local Vietnam War Memorial “Final Approach.”
The park has a paved parking lot, two fishing piers, a restroom, and a short walkway along the shore of Mona Lake. There is also a picnic area with picnic tables, grills, park benches, and a small covered picnic shelter located at the War Memorial which is available for use at no-charge on a first-come, first-served basis. This park also features a path that leads from the back of the park heading west to what we call “Little Mona.” Little Mona is a great spot for fishing and enjoying a terrific view of Mona Lake. Plans for Little Mona include adding picnic tables and a grill area in the summer of 2021!
- Hours: 5 am – 10 pm
- Only emergency and service vehicles are allowed in the park.
- No camping permitted.
- Metal Detectors may not be used in grass areas.
- No golf or driving golf balls permitted.
- Water and boating safety rules are enforced.
- No jumping or diving from bridge or pier.
- No lifeguards are on duty.
- Dogs are permitted, on a leash, in all other areas of the park.
- No fires are allowed outside the picnic grills.
- Trash containers are for picnic trash only.
- Camping is not permitted in the park.
- No littering, $500 fine enforced.
Hidden Cove Park
3941 Grand Haven Rd
Norton Shores, MI 49441