Ross Park is a 43 acre park located on the south side of Mona Lake on Randall Road at Wellesley. Home to our summer and fall softball leagues as well as a newly renovated disc golf course. Ross Park is also the scene of our annual Arts & Drafts Festival, and community picnic held on the 3rd Saturday of August!
- Sandy beach area includes play equipment, a picnic area, a paved walkway and a volleyball area.
- There is no lifeguard on duty at the swimming area.
- Boat area – boats can park by the beach area for short periods of time for boaters who want to spend time at the shore area.
- Most Recently we are offering catamaran and small sailboat rental spots at the east side of the beach. Fill out and send in an Application if you are interested.
- Picnic area – the park contains approximately 400 picnic tables for use by the public. Permits are required for groups of 50 or more and are available at the Parks & Recreation office at City Hall. An Application must be filled out and fee paid before a picnic permit can be issued.
- Picnic shelter – this shelter is available to be reserved in either of two time slots (9 am – 2:30 pm or 3:30 – 9 pm.) A permit is required by groups to reserve the picnic shelter – please see the application link above for specific costs. The shelter is large enough for approximately 12 picnic tables and has electricity available for groups who have reserved it.
- Ball fields – there are three slow pitch softball fields at Ross Park. These fields are used for the Norton Shores Slow pitch Leagues from April to September, Monday – Thursday evenings. They can also be used on a first-come, first-serviced basis on weekends. Permits for specific time periods are issued by the Parks Dept. in 2-hour increments on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting at 9 am. The fee is $15 per 2-hour time slot. Please fill out this Application if you want to reserve one or multiple softball fields.
- Disc Golf Course – Holes 1-10 are located on the east side of Wellesley. Holes 11-20 are located on the west side of Wellesley. If you are inquiring about hosting a tournament at Ross Park please fill out a Disc Golf Application Form.
- Tennis courts – located across Randall Road. Area includes eight courts. Lights can be activated, using a button on the light pole, from dark until 10 pm during the summer months.
- Hours: 5 am – 10 pm
- Only emergency and service vehicles are allowed in the park.
- No lifeguards are on duty.
- No animals are allowed on the beach. Dogs are permitted, on a leash, in all other areas of the park. Mutt Mitts are available at dispensers at the park – please use them and help keep our park beautiful!
- No fires are allowed outside the picnic grills.
- No fireworks are permitted in park.
- Trash containers are for picnic trash only.
- Alcoholic beverages (no glass containers, please!) are only permitted in the picnic area.
- Camping is not permitted in the park.
- Hitting golf balls in the park is not permitted.
- Water and boater safety rules are enforced.
- No littering, $500 fine enforced.
82 Randall Rd
Norton Shores, MI 49441